Sunday, May 30, 2010

Before and After, Jennifer's Patio Table



Have you ever been to a Catholic School fund raiser? It isn't a dry event. Two years ago I attended our little school's auction with a wonderful old Rome theme. We had vip table for 8 and I was joined by my mom and dad, fun aunt and uncle and mother and father in law. At the VIP table you don't have to get up and go to the keg, the auction committee calls you ahead of time and asks what you would like to drink at your table. Our order included; Michelob, Budweiser, Crown, and white and red wine. We then proceeded to bid on everything in sight. My mother in law and I drank red wine and prowled the silent auction room again to make sure we were the last bids on the list. It was a great evening with lots of fun and useful purchases that went towards supporting our kids school.

The next day I went to pick up my buys; a few envelopes with gift certificates, a new fangled gas dryer..... and a table and chairs? I bid on that? I won that? Well, ok, load it up. So I took home a very cool metal scroll table with wicker on the chairs and a round glass top. I remember looking at it and thinking it would be wonderful as a patio table, but my beer goggles missed the white upholstered chair seats.

So it has been moved around from our office to our home and I have even offered it to family members. It really isn't the antique style I have going on in the house and I want a patio table. Until yesterday. I stopped by Hancock fabrics and bought 2 yards of very cool vinyl with felt backing in teal with brown leaves. The leaves mimic the metal leaves on the table. It was only $4.49 a yard and I had the seats redone in about an hour. We ate dinner at my new patio table. LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment