Monday, May 17, 2010

Running With The Cows






Saturday morning began at 6:30am. I had been volunteered to volunteer for our schools 1st annual 1/2 marathon, 5k and kids runs. Since I suspected my husband volunteered me I drug him along and Caitlyn was excited to go too. Audrie, the youngest did the 5k and was amazing. Then I hear she finished it and did a couple kids runs. I didn't get to see her because my position was the 207th St. Intersection to be a course monitor. The pictures tell the story of a wet day. I hadn't planned on so much rain so I wore shorts. Luckily my gators and waterproof boots were in the car, and a couple rain coats. Well, so much for fashion, but I would have been miserable without them. Caitlyn did not have the appropriate gear and being a teenager she would not put on the rain pants the officer offered her, but she smiled and was happy the whole time. It was a lot of fun and the race seemed like a successful fundraiser for our school. Thanks to all the runners and volunteers. The officer on the motorcycle had worked all night and hadn't been to bed yet. Still smiling though!

No comments:

Post a Comment