Monday, July 27, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Goode Feed


Saturday was the last day that my brother in laws feed store was open. It had been in business for 20 years. It is strange to think we wont go there for dog food or seeds or rent equipment and trailers for jobs, or even just stop by with the kids and get a soda. I think this will be a good thing for him and his family but you can see how hard it is in his face and seeing his customers stop by was hard too. So I just wanted to do my part to make the transition a little easier for him. I brought back a couple items and told him I would store them in my shop and try to sell them for him. So today my post is to show off this really cool bulk seed bin. It is 62 inches long and 52 inches tall by 12 inches wide. It has the wonderful metal scoops also. It is a huge piece but we can talk about delivery. I just wanted to spread the word because I feel like I am in a circle of organic, tree hugging, artsy fartsy, friends who would rather buy something to help an individual than to buy it from a large corporation. I also thought it would make a very cool display for a soap maker or yarn shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment