Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Early Blogging and the Smell of Diesel


You couldn't tell me 5 years ago when I put on high heels every morning and went out to sell marketing that this is where I would be. I got up early and made coffee and packed lunches for John and his crew. He said I didn't need to be on the crew today because it was a lot of heavy dragging and he had enough help. 2 no shows later it is just him and his nephew headed to the jobsite. Someone is still supposed to show up and pick up the truck, so I filled it up and filled the extra gas can with diesel for the loader. This was right after I got out of the shower, applied my new/old Channel #5 and put on a fun summer dress. So, of course, the diesel fuel sprayed me and here I sit, funny on the fumes!

Let me tell you a little about my new perfume. I had the 3 youngest with me at the lake house last week and we went to church, then to the coffee shop to check email and then we saw my favorite 4 letter word; SALE. Even better when it follows the word Garage. I thought that strange on a Sunday, but I needed to find some treasures to list to pay for the attorney to keep our kids at home where they belong.... sorry, short rant. So we meandered down a fun lake road and sure enough. It was like Hansel and Gretel finding the house of Candy and Gingerbread. Everything was bagged, vintage and went on for ever! This woman was so wonderful and I think we both had the same sadness and worried look. As I left with a trunk full of treasures and fun stuff the kids had picked out for themselves also, I told her a little of my story and she expressed what a blessing it was for her to have a big sale. Sometimes things happen for a reason, and going to church definitely makes you luckier. I had looked at a gorgeous straw hat several times, but my funds were running low and I didn't want to bargain with her for such a neat item. She went into her garage and brought me that hat and wanted me to have it. We hugged and she told me it was her mothers hat and her name was Aida. Aida's hat has a fun place decorating my studio now and it ends up in pictures a lot too. Have a great day! I am going to do some shipping, but I bet I will end up on the job site.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just love the Treasure Hunts that turn into something a bit more! I had a similar experience this weekend and met a lovely young woman I connected with immediately! The gifts come when you least expect them, but always when you need them!
    Thanks for the friend connect! LynnAnne

    ReplyDelete