Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chip Chocolate Chewys




11 years ago today I want into labor; twice. With the holidays and trying to conserve resources and money I am baking the treats for their class with what is in the cabinet. Have you ever had to buy birthday treats for 2 classes from the grocery store? Highway Robbery! I pulled out an old favorite from Grandma Slusher; Chip Chocolate Chewys. YUMMY. My kitchen smells so good and it is just heartbreaking that no one is home to lick the spoon. Here is the recipe. Tres Simple. (redneck french)
Chip Chocolate Cheweys
2/3 cups shortning
2 cups brown sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans
2 cups flower
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 oz chocolate chips (I might have poured those a little heavy)
mix together and spread in a pan and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.

Grandma always baked them in a pan and cut them in squares and I can't imagine them any other way!

1 comment: